Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Zooey Deschanel Appreciation Day
It's a slow news summer. What do you want from me? Hmmm, while I certainly still appreciate the myriad charms of Ms. Deschanel, perhaps weekly is a tad too frequent for Zooey Deschanel Appreciation Days. After all, it's not like we ever have Parker Posey Appreciation Days, and she's Parker Posey, for crying out loud!

Parker Posey Appreciation Day
Ms. Posey was excellent in Laws of Attraction, by the way. I saw it primarily for her, but it turned out to be quite entertaining on its other merits, too. And even though Blade II was way better than Blade (how could it not have been), she is still the single best reason to see Blade: Trinity. (And that's saying a lot considering the film also has Ryan Reynolds. "Berg" forever!)

I saw Blade one night with Danny Boy and Nicky the Greek during either our freshman/sophomore or sophomore/junior summer. We rented the tape, because this was before DVDs were the medium of choice. I thought it was one of the worst movies I had ever seen and went to great lenghts to mock them for their choice. Fast forward to this winter and the impending release of Hellboy; quite eager to see the film, I decided to get something of a preview by renting Blade II, also directed by Guillermo del Toro. Hee hee, lots of things got blown up goooooood. So, having now enjoyed Blade II, I decided to give Blade another chance. It was not as bad as I had remembered, but that is not to say it was any good. But, as long as I've already seen I and II, I might as well go ahead and see Blade: Trinity. Plus, as I said, Parker Posey!

Crap
Pink Floyd (Putting the "P.F." in The Newsletter's "B.A.P.F. Lives.")

Have A Night
Have a trusting night.

No comments: