Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Zooey Deschanel Appreciation Day
For no good reason, I dislike Cameron Crowe. I mean, I've only ever seen two of his movies, and my opinion of them is divided right down the middle: I really like Fast Times at Ridgemont High (writer) and I really don't like Say Anything (writer and director). So, with a 1-1 record, I can only go with my gut. And my gut sez bad things. Nevertheless, we've reached the point where I'm running out of movies with Ms. Deschanel that I have not seen. So, I may be compelled to rent Almost Famous, despite my gut's assertion that I won't like it.

Vote For Kodos
I should check my Gmail email more often. On June 14, I posted the following item under "Vote For Kodos":
This is an honest question, and I hope someone emails me with an answer: Why is President Clinton's JD from Yale considered a mark of personal intelligence, while President Bush's MBA from Harvard is not?
Much to my surprise, I actually got a response from Skeeter, who defended President Clinton's intelligence and belittled President Bush's lack of same thusly:
Clinton actually is smart. And he happens to have a Yale JD. Bush is dum. In spite of his MBA.
For my part, I can only assume that she meant "dumb."

Misspelling aside, the thrust of her argument is President Clinton's JD is considered a mark of intelligence because he is intelligent and President Bush's MBA is not considered a mark of intelligence because he is not intelligent. The logic is inescapable... not so much. *sigh* Still, I am impressed that someone actually bothered to respond and I apologize for not responding in a more timely fashion.

No comments: