Sunday, January 23, 2005

I woke up early intending to go to 10 o'clock Mass, but instead found that the plow-jerks had buried the Mousemobile. Lousy bottomfeeders. I changed clothes and spent nearly an hour digging my automobile out of the snow. I love snow and I love Winter; so, i would be a hypocrite to now bellyache about having to shovel my way to freedom. That's not what I'm doing. I am railing against the indiscriminate use of plows to clear the streets. From the disposition of the snow, the plow had approached the Mousemobile nose-to-nose and pushed as a mountain of snow right up to the front bumper and beyond. Had I not seen it for myself, I wouldn't have believed how much snow was under the Mousemobile. She hadn't been driven since Friday, and I know how much snow was under her before the plows wrought their havoc; those dicks basicaly injected snow under her. In any event, after the successful shoveling I took a second shower and made it to the noon Mass with plenty of time to spare. Father Bill baptized a tiny, tiny baby. The moral of our story? Plow drivers are a cancer.

The (Second) Most Wonderful Time of the Year
See, this is what I've been talking about. What is the big deal about Michael Vick? HE CAN'T PLAY QUARTERBACK! The Atlanta Falcons had a good record this year, but I'll be damned if I know how. Prior to today's contest against the hated Eagles (I hate those guys), I'd only seen the Falcons in their loss to the Lions early in the season. They lost. To the Lions. And Vick didn't look like anything special. Against Philadelphia, he looks less-than-adequate. The man simply cannot throw the ball with the proficiency required of an NFL quarterback. He would be one of the greatest running backs in the League, but as a QB... let's just say I'm less than impressed. It's too bad, too, because I really wanted Philly to go down in flames for a fourth consecutive time. Drat!

No comments: