Tuesday, January 4, 2005

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
While there is almost a full half of football left to play, I feel confident in saying that for the second year in a row, Oklahoma has demonstrated beyond a shadow of a doubt that they do not belong in the national championship game. Last year's Sugar Bowl should have been played between LSU and USC. This year's Orange Bowl clearly should have been played between USC and Auburn. Now Auburn is left high and dry, 13-0 and almost certain to be denied even a little share of the national championship, while Oklahoma has once again squandered an opportunity they didn't deserve. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I love this. I never thought I'd be so happy to see Southern Cal win.

Make no mistake, as a Michigan alumnus I hate USC (we have lost six or seven thousand Rose Bowls to them). But, like the animosity I feel for Ohio State, that hatred is accompanied by respect. By way of contrast, every time I see Bob Stoops I devoutly wish he was bleeding from his eyes.

The BCS and Oklahoma are perfect companions: both are buried up to their eyes in bullshit. Go Trojans!

No comments: