Wednesday, May 4, 2005

DC Comics For Me
Ongoing Series
Richard Dragon ***just cancelled, dammit***
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Firestorm
Gotham Central
Detective Comics
Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
Robin
Batgirl
Catwoman
Hawkman
JSA
JLA: Classified
Teen Titans Go!
Justice League Unlimited


Limited Series
Adam Strange
The Rann-Thanagar War
Day of Vengeance
Green Lantern: Rebirth


Under Consideration
JSA: Classified
Adventures of Superman


Dropped in the Last Year and a Half
H-E-R-O ***cancelled***
Green Arrow
The Flash
Teen Titans
JLA
Batman
Superman
Action Comics
Green Lantern
*
The Legion**

Series From the Mists of Time
Starman (Robinson)
Suicide Squad (Giffen)
Doom Patrol (Arcudi)
The Power of Shazam!
Hourman
Young Justice
Impulse
Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E.
Justice League
Justice League International
Justice League America
(all the same series, twice retitled but not renumbered)
Justice League Europe
Booster Gold
Supergirl
Superboy


*I read Green Lantern, starring Kyle Rayner, through its conclusion with issue No. 181. There is a new series debuting this month starring Hal Jordan, beginning with Green Lantern No. 1, but I won't be reading it as I despise Jordan. The limited series GL: Rebirth depicts his transition from the cancelled series The Spectre to the new Green Lantern; hating Hal Jordan, a mass murderer, as I do, why am I reading it? I hoped to find out the disposition of Kyle Rayner. Now it appears that Rayner will still be a Green Lantern out and about in the DCU, and will be a major player in the miniseries The Rann-Thanagar War. Woot! So, I guess I didn't need to read Green Lantern: Rebirth after all, but there's only one issue left. I might as well see how it ends, if for no other reason than to fuel my hatred.

**The Legion chronicled the exploits of the Legion of Super-Heroes. But, those adventures were essentially retconned out of existence with last year's launch of the new The Legion of Super-Heroes. I read The Legion through its conclusion with No. 38.

No comments: