Sunday, May 8, 2005

Happy V-E Day, everyone. "Nazis... I hate these guys."

Though it seems increasingly unlikely that I will ever manage to mate and procreate (I swear to Bog, if anyone leaves any "encouraging" comments...), I still prefer to think of the future via the phrase "when I have kids" rather than "if I have kids." A thought came to me today during Mass. Father was baptizing a couple of babies and I wondered who in the world I will get to be my kids' godparents. Neither my brother nor my sister believe in God; thus, it would be quite impossible for them to be godparents. Hmmmm, a puzzlement.

HAL 9000
My HAL is still ailing. Installing anti-spyware software removed a lot of spyware, but seemingly did not address the underlying performance problems. If not the root cause, an aggrevating factor has been McAfee Firewall. (If any of you are domestic terrorists and are willing to do me a favor, please blow up the headquarters of the McAfee security company. Thanks.) Uninstall Firewall and my HAL runs more smoothly, but not perfectly; reinstall Firewall and POOF! absolute lock-up necessitating a hard shutdown. Fuckers. My father's efforts have similarly failed, despite consulting with some geeks. I feel the only solution left to us is to turn my HAL over to the geeks for a radical file eradication and reconstruction. It's a damned inconvenience is what it is. Stupid HALs.

No comments: