Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Kings of England
Sweet mercy, I love making lists. Courtesy of the fine folks at Netflix, I have been watching a British documentary series titled A History of Britain. Thusly inspired, I have deigned to learn the order of the monarchs of England (and later Great Britain, later still the British Empire, and even later yet back to just Great Britain) from the Norman Conquest in A.D. 1066 to the present day (and beyond). I've been able to list the Presidents of the United States since eighth grade; so, we shall see if my remembrance of the kings and queens shall have such longevity.

Those in parentheses never actually ruled over anything.

William the Conqueror (I)
William II
Henry I
Stephen
(Matilda)
Henry II
Richard the Lionheart (I)
John
Henry III
Edward I
Edward II
Edward III
Richard II
Henry IV
Henry V
Henry VI
Edward IV
(Edward V)
Richard III
Henry VII
Henry VIII
Edward VI
Mary I
(Jane)
Elizabeth I
James I
Charles I
Interregnum
Charles II
James II
William III & Mary II
Anne
George I
George II
George III
George IV
William IV
Victoria
Edward VII
George V
Edward VIII
George VI
Elizabeth II
~Charles III (His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales)
~William V (His Royal Highness Prince William of Wales)

No comments: