Wednesday, August 30, 2006

International Business Machines Vs. Macintosh
I have to say, I'm having persistent second thoughts about buying a Macintosh. I fucking hate the Mountain of Love's Power Book. I just sent an email from my Yahoo! account and I could neither italicize nor underline text within the email. The procedure for doing both things from a PC is ridiculously simple, yet for the life of me I could not devise how to accomplish them on this machine. I shall have to see if the now sleeping Mountain can show me how to do those things with a Mac. If not, if these infernal devices won't allow for the simplest aesthetic flourishes, I will have no choice but to buy a PC. I hate all HALs, but I've never had trouble using italics on a PC. Is the vaunted user-friendliness of Macs complete horsepucky, a pack of lies like the Golden Gate Bridge? Things aren't looking good for Steve Jobs at the moment, at least not insofar as earning my business.

No comments: