Saturday, August 19, 2006

Running various errands this afternoon, I spied two of the best vanity license plates I have ever seen, the king of all vanity plates being the Senator's Daughter's signature plate: 701. The lesser of today's finds was DATA; I do not know if the plate was intended as a reference to Star Trek: The Next Generation's Lieutenant Commander Data, but that is how I choose to view it. The greater of the two was, brace yourself, HHHHHHH. Seven H's looked pretty sweet on the back of that minivan, and I salute the creativity that had to have gone into selected HHHHHHH.

Deep in the Heart of Darkness... er, Texas
This will probably be my last bloggy blog post until the Mountain of Love and I are situated in Fort Worthless. Stay strong over the course of the next week. The Secret Base isn't giving up the ghost like the blogs of Skeeter, Daddy Dylweed, The Squirrel King, Neutral Man, and so many others. According to a recent issue of Discover, there were 500,000 blogs in 2003; here in 2006 there are around 30,000,000. The Secret Base of the Rebel Black Dot Society has been in operation since February of 2002; so, it's not going anywhere. The Secret Base is as bankable as the outrageousness of Jack Pratt's pants. And as we all know, you can't beat pants. I have a feeling I've lost the thread, but I've never let that stop me. BTW South's cable installation, providing the vital dual lifelines of television ("...teacher, mother... secret lover") and ye olde internet, is scheduled for next Freitag. Cowboy up and you'll make it until then in fine style. And if you really need your daily fix of Last Angry Anger, there are four and half years of archives to cull. Bon chance, mes amis.

(Of course, knowing how I love to procrastinate, I wouldn't bet against there being one or two more posts as I grope desperately for anything to do to avoid finishing packing.)

No comments: