Thursday, January 3, 2008

Vote For Kodos
This has nothing to do with tonight's zenith of anti-democratic fervor known as the "caucuses," I've been meaning to post this for a couple weeks now: I mean no undue offense to the families of The Guy and B. Howard, but I'm pretty sure I hate the people of Iowa. Lousy, imperious jerks.

Also, I might as well get this out of the way now, since it too has been festering for a few weeks now and if not expressed at this moment it may never see the light of day.

1) In Michigan's primary, I will be voting for Rudy Giuliani. When else in my life will I get the chance to vote for a pro-choice, pro-gun control, gay-friendly Republican? We liberal Republicans are an endangered breed, and we have to support our own.

Though it pains me these days to quote from The Simpsons, Sideshow Bob spoke the truth: "Your conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down you want a cold-hearted Republican to cut taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king!"

2) I detest Mike Huckabee. If he gets the Republican nomination, I will break with the Grand Old Party, at least this once. Governor Huckabee vs. Senator Clinton? I cannot in good conscience vote for that crone; so, I'll write-in a candidate, probably Lloyd Carr. (A dear friend whom I am proscribed from mentioning has been saying "Lloyd for President" at random intervals since immediately after the Capital One Bowl.) Governor Huckabee vs. Senator Obama? I would probably do the unthinkable and vote for a Democrat for national office. President Barack Hussein Obama? I'd complain bitterly, but I could live with that on my conscience.

In case of a Huckabee nomination, political posts will be under the title "Vote For Kodos Kang." Again, the current agony and the former ecstasy of The Simpsons: "Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos."

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Billy Preston, "Nothing From Nothing" from Elf: Music From the major Motion Picture (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: