Monday, February 16, 2009

Science!
Now this, my friends, this is the way to conduct apocalyptic science, not in a spirit of namby-pamby cooperation and fellowship, but in an adrenaline-filled atmosphere of reckless and cutthroat competition: atom smasherlink. Advance, Fermilab! Advance! Smash those atoms! Sunder the veil obscuring the inner workings of all Creation! And, of greatest import of all, scientifically pants those European twerps! "Ooo, ooo, we've had to shut down our fabric-of-time-and-space-ripping super-doohickey for safety reasons." Pantywaists! We Americans may well rend a hole in the very walls of reality itself, undoing all that ever was and all that ever will be, but, by Tesla's mustache, we'll do it in the name of science!

Science!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Green Day, "Long View" from Dookie (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: From my perspective, the granddaddy of them all. I didn't even know you could write a song about masturbating before "Long View."

"Bite my lip and close my eyes,
Take me away to paradise.
I'm so damned bored I'm going blind,
And loneliness has to suffice.
Bite my lip and close my eyes,
Oh slipping away to paradise.
Some say 'Quit!' or I'll go blind,
But it's just a myth."

No comments: