Sunday, June 14, 2009

24 Heures du Mans - Afterglow
The B.B.C. Sport page is less easily navigable than B.B.C. News, but I found what I was looking for: storylink and photolink. Take the time to peruse the slideshow and you'll see Dr. McDreamy, a gorgeous Gulf Oil liveried Aston Martin, and the type of hardcore spectator I aspire to be.

Baby-in-L.A.W.
I'm going to be an uncle. Again. The L.A.W., who in her teens and twenties vowed repeatedly never to bear any offspring, is preggers and she and Brother-in-L.A.W. are expecting little Nephew-in-L.A.W. or Niece-in-L.A.W. in December. Since The L.A.W.'s own birthday is in the month twixt November and January, I am really hoping the stork arrives on that very day to make it a two-for-one! Sweet Aunt Petunia, it's raining babies.

I spoke to Teddy's Dad after we heard the news and he asked my advice on being an uncle. I had precious little to share with him, because (a) Teddy's yet very wee and my interactions with him were by virtue of his extreme youth quite limited and (b) since Teddy's Mom was loathe to let me either hold the lad or even photograph him, though everyone else around was encouraged to hold him aplenty and take all the snapshots their hearts desired, I harbor serious doubts that I'll ever be allowed to have any manner of substantial relationship with my nephew.

Let the world be forewarned, the Wilsons are breeding.

Believe
Come Monday, let the recriminations begin. Hossa, Stuart, I'm looking in your directions. The 24 Hours of Le Mans was the perfect antidote to Friday's devastating humiliation, but the work to reclaim Lord Stanley's Cup begins tomorrow and the first step is identifying what went so terribly awry.

No comments: