Friday, June 12, 2009



Believe: Game 7
Fifteen down, one to go. Best of seven: Detroit 3-3 Pittsburgh.

One game to decide Lord Stanley's Cup. I do not believe in destiny, but I do believe in the Detroit Red Wings. I believe in home ice. I believe in victory. Go Wings!

Believe.

This Week in Motorsport
Tomorrow begins the 24 Hours of Le Mans, in the language of the host country the 24 Heures du Mans! My budding love of motor car racing traces back to one wellspring of inspiration, Steve McQueen's film Le Mans, the perfect motion picture about racing. I missed the running of Le Mans last year, not thinking that perhaps I'd like to watch some of it until several weeks after it had been run, but not this year! The hour is nearly at hand.

I am going to see the start of the race live from France. The race begins promptly at 3:00 p.m. local time, which is 9:00 a.m. here in the Eastern Time Zone, a beastly hour to be awake on a Saturday, the one day of the week when one may freely sleep in, but the 24 Hours of Le Mans comes but once a year, and as I hope to make this an annual event, I want to get off on the right foot. Woot!

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Jason Alexander, "Believe It or Not (George Isn't at Home)" from the Seinfeld episode "The Susie" (T.L.A.M.)

Donnerstag, 11 Juni
The Puppini Sisters, "It's Not Over (Death or the Toy Piano)" from The Rise and Fall of Ruby Woo (T.L.A.M.)

Mittwoch, 10 Juni
The Skatalites, "Trip to Mars" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Dienstag, 9 Juni
The Proclaimers, "My Old Friend the Blues" from Sunshine on Leith (T.L.A.M.)

Montag, 8 Juni
The Wombats, "Little Miss Pipedream" from A Guide to Love, Loss & Desperation (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: