Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Explorers Club
No. CLXXXII - London Bridge: The "Old," the "New," the current, & the horror of Lake Havasu.









The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Plumtree, "Scott Pilgrim" from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Plumtree are phenomenal! I can well understand why O'Malley would be inspired to his magnum opus by "Scott Pilgrim." The chorus of "Scott Pilgrim" is reminiscent of a round, with two distinct parts being sung simultaneously and repetitiously.

"I've liked you for a thousand years, a thousand years.
I've liked you for a thousand years, a thousand years.
I've liked you for a thousand years, a thousand years.
I've liked you for a thousand years, a thousand years."

&

"I can't wait 'til I see you, I can't wait until I see you.
I can't wait 'til I see you, I can't wait until I see you.
I can't wait 'til I see you, I can't wait until I see you.
I can't wait 'til I see you, I can't wait until I see you."

Mind you, there aren't any proper verses in "Scott Pilgrim." Aside from the overlapping choruses, the only other lyrics are contained in two sort-of bridges.

"You can't stand to see me that way,
No matter what I do,
No matter what I say.
You can't stand to see me that way,
(the "yeah yeahs" vary between the two occurrences)!"

It's a simple little song, but one that tugs at the heartstrings of anyone who's ever known unrequited love. I can't believe I waited this long to listen to Plumtree!

No comments: