Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Explorers Club
No. CCXXVIII - Charles Babbage (1791-1871), the "Father of the Computer."







Pray note that though Babbage's machines, had they been built, might have made valuable contributions to Mankind's fortunes, he was also an enemy of joy, hating both the aural delights provided by organ-grinders & the glee engendered by the children's game of hoop-rolling. The man was a monster, albeit well-meaning.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day: SKApril
The Aquabats!, "Super Rad!" from The Fury of The Aquabats! (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: The Aquabats! aren't a ska band anymore, but they were once, & a darned good ska band at that. I like the music they've been putting out for the last few years, a kind of New Wave kitsch, but I'd be a liar if I claimed I didn't miss their old ska sound very, very much.

3 comments:

twg said...

"I hate musicians SO MUCH!"

Mike Wilson said...

Thank you for bringing that hilarity to my attention! Absent your intervention, I would never have stumbled upon it myself.

twg said...

Yeah, it's pretty amusing.