Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Project GLOWWORM
During the winter, I would step over the threshold into the biting chill already wearing thick gloves with which to clear the snow and/or ice off of Lumi. My driving gloves, sitting as they had been all night in the glove box, would be quite cold; I drove wearing my thick winter gloves. Now that the weather has warmed & gloves are no longer necessary at all times out of doors, I am rediscovering just how very much I love my driving gloves. What care I for the extra seconds they add to the beginning & ending of every drive? It's not as if I'm not in any hurry.

Next time: I know, I still owe you my tale of hat-inspired hypocrisy & douchebaggery. Cut me some slack, I've been very good about bloggy blogging over the past week.

The Winged Wheel
I cannot get excited about the commencement of the marathon Stanley Cup playoffs, not so long as the monster Bertuzzi is a Red Wing. When o when will I be able to "Believe" again?

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day: SKApril
Slapstick, "There's a Metal Head in the Parking Lot" from Mailorder is Fun! (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Not to be confused with Less Than Jake's "All My Best Friends Are Metalheads." Mailorder is Fun! is not a proper album, but a compilation of many ska & punk bands put out by Asian Man Records. I've wanted to hear more from a goodly numbers of those bands, but even armed with unlimited funds with which to sample the musical waters there are only so many hours in the day, so many days in the year.

No comments: