Monday, October 31, 2011

Operation AXIOM
Happy Halloween! I'm a terribly glad that I decided to reengage with Halloween from '09 onward. I'm well-pleased by the now annual tradition of a week of R.B.D.S.O.T.D. dedicated to the spookiest time of the year, though less pleased by the fact that I just don't get invited to Halloween parties. (I recognize the contradiction of my position, that in the main I am glad not to be invited to most parties, even though it handcuffs me regarding Halloween. I've yet to devise a workaround, aside from the risible option of hosting mine own Halloween party.) Mayhap next year I shall set aside my own distaste for "haunted houses" & organize an outing around patronizing one. The pumpkins are carved & the candy is ready to be dispensed to suitably attired trick-or-treaters. Let the ghoulish festivities begin!

You know, in all these years I've never cut eye-holes in a sheet & worn that as a ghost costume. It's crummy, sure, but also a kitschy classic. Boo!

Operation AXIOM | Project PANDORA
I need to meet a girl who could pull off this as a costume:



The Rebel Black Dot Song of Halloween
Warren Zevon, "Werewolves of London" courtesy of The Watergirl (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary:

"He's the hairy-handed gent
Who ran amok in Kent.
Lately, he's been overheard in Mayfair.
You better stay away from him,
He'll rip your lungs out, Jim!
I'd like to meet his tailor."

No comments: