Thursday, October 20, 2011

Vote for Kodos
A worthwhile, rightly sympathetic portrayal of Alec Baldwin, a man who makes no bones about his political leanings, being harangued by the nauseating lunatics of the Ron Paul/anti-Federal Reserve camp, a large percentage of whom are hardcore far left-wingers: walk in the park-link. (Representative Paul is so far from the center of the American body politic that he occupies that fringe era where far right-wingers & far left-wingers have come so far around the political spectrum that they've found common cause.) I've been mildly annoyed by Mr. Baldwin all the past week as he shilled for Michigan Radio's N.P.R. pledge week, giving a pitch modeled after his character's notorious "Always Be Closing" speech from the motion picture Glengarry Glen Ross, but I suppose I should not complain since if I got my way N.P.R. would operate without taxpayer largess, & thus depend even more on listener pledges. I do not deny the necessity of pledge week, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Anywho, my recent annoyance with Mr. Baldwin was quite trivial, & pales before the kudos I give him for keeping his cool when confronted by the lies & half-truths of malignant nimrods. (In his shoes, I likely would have blown my top.) Well done, sir!

No comments: