Saturday, October 22, 2011

Project GLOWWORM
Success!… & yet, trimming my beard remains far less emotionally satisfying than cutting my hair; whereas with my head hair I can see a clear difference from the word go, the results of beard trimming don't really reveal themselves 'til after I've showered & dried. The reveal doesn't have the same emotional heft. Nonetheless, the beast has been tamed & my beard appears once again as I wish it to appear.

Banzai!

The Queue
Saving the Queen is the worst book I've ever read. I will shoot myself in the head before ever reading another book authored by the odious William F. Buckley, Jr., fiction or non-fiction. If ever the opportunity arises, I will desecrate Buckley's grave.

Recently
John Buchan, The Thirty-nine Steps
Keith Jeffery, The Secret History of M.I.6: 1909-1949
William F. Buckley, Jr., Saving the Queen

Currently
Allen Dulles, The Craft of Intelligence

Presently
David Ignatius, Body of Lies
John le Carré, Call for the Dead
Joseph Newman, editor, Famous Soviet Spies: The Kremlin's Secret Weapon

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
The Aquabats!, "Captain Hampton and the Midget Pirates!" (live) courtesy of the YouTube (Nick Andopolis)

Commentary: Ahoy!-link, 7:19 seconds of live-in-concert awesomeness, brought to us by Nick Andopolis, my pal, a home-brewer, & the oft-shirtless drummer of The Loose Ties, whom I had the privilege of seeing live on stage last night. Let me also recommend for your aural-visual stimulation the following, also courtesy of the YouTube, combining "Captain Hampton and the Midget Pirates!" with the pirate-themed anime One Piece: pieces of eight-link. Ahoy!

3 comments:

The Guy said...

I want to help you desecrate his grave! Ha!

Mike Wilson said...

You're a stand-up bloke, Guy. Pardon me if I hadn't remarked so afore this late date. Maybe we'll make a swing through Connecticut (thanks for the location, Find-A-Grave!) betwixt Boston & the Bronx on a nationwide M.L.B. ballpark tour.

The Guy said...

It's a date!