Monday, March 19, 2012

Project OSPREY
For those amongst you who just didn't get enough college basketball over the first four (or six) days of the N.C.A.A. Tournament, might I recommend the nation's first collegiate basketball championship, the National Invitation Tournament (N.I.T.)? This is the seventy-fifth year of the N.I.T., dating all the way back to 1938. Neat! I glimpsed a bracket that informed me Washington & Oregon had advanced at the expense of Northwestern & Iowa. I hate for any member of the Big Ten, the first intercollegiate athletic conference, to lose to the ancient foe, in any sport, but it is nice to know that the very best of the Pac-12 are worthy to play only the dregs of the Big Ten. The Madness is multifaceted.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Barenaked Ladies, "The New Sad" from Barenaked Ladies Are Men (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: