Friday, October 26, 2012

Project GLOWWORM
A fetching, bespectacled girl was fascinated by my moustache yesterday. She asked if I used wax to achieve the signature curvature, & how long it had taken to grow, & with each answer her eyes grew wider in astonishment. She was spellbound. Uncomfortably, she must surely have been still in high school, not of an age group I need to be fascinated with my moustache. Regardless, I congratulate her for her good taste, especially for one so young.

The Rebel Black Dot Hallowe'en Song of the Day
Vic Mizzy, "The Addams Family Theme" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Chosen in honor of tonight's broadcast, on N.B.C., of Mockingbird Lane, a latter-day re-imagining of The Munsters, which was contemporaneous with the television series The Addams Family. Why not simply the theme from The Munsters? I've looked, & cannot find the blessed thing elsewhere than the YouTube. Besides, I welcome any excuse to thrust The Addams Family into the limelight, though given my age & cohort the 1991 film & it's '93 sequel are dearer to my heart than the '60s television show to which today's R.B.D.H.S.O.T.D. was the theme. A trifling detail!

3 comments:

twg said...

I'm sure Addams Family Values was panned by critics, but the camp scenes were just pure gold, Jerry, gold. Also, a young David Krumholtz, on whom I've had a little crush ever since. :)

skeeter said...

I don't even know which part of that mustache story was most disturbing.

Mike Wilson said...

Praise for the best parts of Addams Family Values, a sly Seinfeld quote, an appreciation for the great Krumholtz, & the first comment in over three weeks. Well done, Watergirl!

The Bronx cheer for you, Mrs. Skeeter, Esq. Pththththth!