Friday, October 5, 2012

Project PANDORA
I had a wretched, awkward telephone conversation with Miss Mozart tonight. She said she wanted to see me again; I told her that I'd not felt any connection, any "spark," during our date, four weeks ago to the day. She asked, the pain & confusion in her voice readily evident, if she'd done anything wrong. I did not lie & pretend there hadn't been mechanical issue with our date, but I was also truthful in that those were not why I did not wish to see her again. She continued to press the point & I could offer her nothing concrete, no specific error she could fix; all I could tell her is that I'd felt no chemistry between us. She said that she'd been very nervous during the date. What could I say? She asked if we could still be friends. "Still"? We'd never been friends. We'd always been a lass & a lad who met on an online dating website, a lass & a lad with romantic designs on each other; whatever that is, that isn't friendship. However, this year's experience with The Interpreter made it all too clear that the unassailable logic of this position is impenetrably opaque to most persons; so, I chose kindness over strict honesty & told Miss Mozart that of course we could still be friends. She kept asking if there was anything she'd done wrong. It was precisely the nightmare 'phone call I'd hoped to avoid. That said, at last it is done; I can only hope this is the end of the matter.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Lily Allen, "Fuck You" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: It is important to me that all those reading these lines know that the selection of today's R.B.D.S.O.T.D. had naught to do with my 'phone fiasco with Miss Mozart. "Fuck You" was chosen well before we spoke. I bear her no ill will, I wish her no misfortune nor misadventure.

1 comment:

twg said...

Ugh. Sorry you had to go through that, man. No fun.