Friday, April 18, 2014

Operation ÖSTERREICH

In the last fortnight, I've lost one point eight pounds (1.8 lbs.), but in the six weeks preceding that period I'd missed three weigh-ins & gained seven point six pounds (7.6 lbs.). One step forward, four steps back. As of Wednesday, I am five point eight pounds (5.8 lbs.) heavier than I was on 19 February, the lowest weight since this quantification regime commenced in November. I am furious with myself, for succumbing to the idiotic notion that I could resume the same old habits of snacking & pop-drinking without suffering the same old results of runaway weight gain. You fool!

This fiasco has an "Urbi et Orbi" corollary: my Lenten fasting, a key pillar of the preparations for Easter's manifold glories, has been nonexistent. Your whole life belongs to the Lord, Mike, not just your prayers & your participation in the parish. Every meal, every snack, every moment. This world is not my home & this life is not my own. I am simply a steward of my time here, not its owner. How am I treating what doesn't belong to me?

No comments: