Tuesday, April 29, 2014

SKApril!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
The Loose Ties, "Your Last Chance" from Champ of the Week (T.L.A.M.)

Skammentary: The Loose Ties were commissioned by the University of Michigan-Flint to arrange & perform a ska cover of Michigan's fight song, "The Victors." I wished to include that excellent rendition of Louis Elbel's masterpiece in '14's SKApril & requested that Ska Army scour his files for any live recording of "The Victors." He readily agree to conduct such a search & that was the last I heard from him. I've waited as long as I'm willing; yes, I could have delayed for one more day, given him a little more time for eleventh-hour heroics, but for some weeks now I've known with which song I wished to bring SKApril to a close, & I am unwilling to alter those plans on the forlorn hope that a rabbit will be pulled out of a hat.

"Your Last Chance" is one of my favorites of The Loose Ties' original songs. It has a beat that acts like the Pied Piper, driving ska kids before it, skanking to their black-&-white checkerboard doom.

"You already had your fling, now could you just leave me alone?
I guess I should have realized your heart was made of stone,
And I can tell you honestly you've had your last chance with me,
I just hope you see…"

No comments: