Monday, April 14, 2014

SKApril!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Goldfinger, "This Lonely Place" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Skammentary:

"You find out he's been lying to you,
You find he had another girl,
But you never stand up for yourself,
You never stand up to him.
He takes it away,
Again you let yourself stay,
Again you give it to him,
You said, 'It's the last time he does it' again…

"Now you got a choice
To leave your place,
Your lonely place behind,
Be true to yourself now
And let it go,
It's better than you think…"


Urbi et Orbi
Yesterday was my first Mass as a member of the choir, & I have to say I didn't like it. It's not that I disliked singing in the choir (though I still think the choir director, God bless him, is mental for insisting that I join up), but I disliked how it disrupted my experience of the Mass. My mind was not on Him, but on the next song & my preparations to sing it to the best of my truly meager ability. The choir performs only at the eleven o'clock Mass, & I now understand why some of my fellows also attend the nine o'clock on choir days; the first Mass is their time to worship, the second is their time to perform. Methinks I shall do the same going forward, at least until the choir director realizes his mistake & politely asks that I step aside.

No comments: