Monday, November 10, 2014

Autobahn

The Lumi suffered a fairly catastrophic mechanical failure last night, necessitating a tow home. I was uninjured. She is presently incapable of self-propulsion. She might not have given up the ghost & plans are in the works to see if she might be resurrected. I am thankful that the Lord permitted me to return home safely from Xanadu in Ohio before the collapse.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
They Might be Giants, "Kiss Me, Son of God" from Then: The Earlier Years (The Cupcake)

Commentary: I cannot recall precisely what the Cupcake, now an adorable two year-old, did or said, but it prompted both your humble narrator & her father to think of "Kiss Me, Son of God."

"I build a little empire out of
Some crazy garbage called
The blood of the exploited working class,
But, they've overcome their shyness,
Now they're calling me 'Your Highness,'
Then the world screams, 'Kiss me, Son of God!'

"I destroyed the bond of friendship and respect
Between the only people left
Who'd even look me in the eye.
Now, I laugh and make a fortune
Off the same ones that I tortured,
And the world screams, "Kiss me, Son of God!'…"

No comments: