Wednesday, November 12, 2014

He's Dead, Jim

I love visiting Where's Teddy? & the Cupcake at Xanadu, but once, just once, I'd like to return from Xanadu having not caught one of the myriad mild variations of the dreadful sick known as the "sniffles." When there is a scratch in the back of my throat, water is like liquid sandpaper & I crave the downy softness of carbonation, which I otherwise avoid except for my daily morning Red Bull & occasional, social indulgence in soda pop.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
The B-52s, "Rock Lobster" from the Rhino Hi-Five: The B-52s E.P. (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I wanted to credit the choice of today's R.B.D.S.O.T.D. to Where's Teddy?, who really does like to look at the lobsters in the tank at the grocery store, but "Rock Lobster" had actually come up in conversation the previous day, during a discussion of Hallowe'en party songs. Hallowe'en is big, big deal at Xanadu.

No comments: