Wednesday, March 2, 2016

What's Eating The Last Angry Man?

The snow. The snow really chaps my ass! Make no mistake, I love the snow. I've longed for the snow. What has my knickers in such a twist is the absurd heat waves that keep melting the snow. This is the second week in a row of the following pattern: a huge midweek blizzard strikes, burying sacred Michigan is enough snow to cancel everything (at least my Tuesday night K. of C. meeting & Wednesday night religious ed., activities from which I draw much vim), but by the weekend temperatures have soared into the fifties (50+° F), melting all that lovely snow & leaving the world a drab brown mess. This is irksome because it is the worst of all worlds: the hassle & inconvenience of shoveling snow without any of the aesthetic benefits of gazing upon snow, of enjoying the cold air that accompanies snow. "Always winter but never Christmas," in C. S Lewis's words.

That's what's eating The Last Angry Man.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
John Williams, "The Battle in the Snow" from Star Wars: Episode V—The Empire Strikes Back (The Last Angry Man)

No comments: