Saturday, June 4, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day


The Bruce Lee Band, "Mr. Hanalei" from The Bruce Lee Band (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: Upon further reflection, it occurs to me that "Mr. Hanalei" is almost certainly based on, or perhaps even better described as an adaptation of, an episode of The Brady Bunch, probably involving a Hawaiian holiday.

"Please, Mr. Hanalei, would you tell me what to do?
Please, Mr. Hanalei, I don't know what to do.

"And Alice hurt her back,
Brother Greg almost drowned on a surf board,
A spider almost killed Peter,
A wall decoration almost killed me.

"Tiki, it is evil, I don't know what to do,
So, please, Mr. Hanalei, I don't know what to do!…

"So we went far away,
The bus driver said that we were crazy,
And we went toward the cave,
Leaving my popcorn as a trail to safety,
And I like my popcorn,
I like my popcorn!

"And we met Vincent Price,
His Tiki named Oscar,
And we have one man to thank,
We have one man to thank,
One man to thank:

"Mr. Hanalei,
Mr. Hanalei,
Mr. Hanalei,
Mr. Hanalei."

No comments: