Saturday, June 11, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day: SKAfter Party


Dance Hall Crashers, "Keep on Running" from The Old Record: 1989-1992 (The Last Angry Man)

Skammentary: I was awake for twenty-one hours yesterday (including mowing the lawn in the heat of the day), then slept for four hours. By the time I get to bed tomorrow morning (the wee hours of the night), I'll have been awake for another eighteen hours, after which I'll probably get about six hours of sleep. I keep on running, because if I stop I doubt I'll start again.
"I keep on running, but I'm starting to tire,
But I keep on moving 'cause my mind's on fire,
It's an uphill climb & my feet are getting heavy,
But I keep on running 'cause I'm feeling ready…

"I keep on running 'cause I can't turn back,
I've got no choice, my body's keeping track
Of the miles I've gone & the miles left to go,
If I stop now, everyone would surely know!…"

Poetry Smackdown
"Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening"
by Robert Frost
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

No comments: