Friday, October 21, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Cigarette Girl Song of the Day


Barenaked Ladies, "Conventioneers" from Maroon (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: This will be the last Cigarette Girl-themed R.B.D.S.O.T.D., not because I've purged my head of this madness, but because the time has come for the R.B.D.S.O.T.D.'s annual Hallowe'en celebration. Why is her code name "Cigarette Girl"? Because she smokes cigarettes, at least when she's out drinking. That, & because she'd look dynamite in an old-fashioned cigarette girl uniform (above, Audrey Hepburn).
"You walked into the room
And the whole place stopped to notice.
Standing next to you
I feel hopeless and you know this.
I've never been ashamed of my attraction,
I'd be happy if you gave me just a fraction…

"I followed your perfume out away from all the rabble,
Right up to your room for a drink and Travel Scrabble,
You, stationed in the warm glow of the T.V.,
Too patient as I'm playing L-O-V-E,
And we laugh, and we laugh, and we laugh,
And we have to or we'll end up in the bath.

"Now we're in the bath…"

"Before all the fireworks exploded,
Our conversations were so loaded,
Innuendo flying.
Now what can we say?…"

No comments: