Monday, October 3, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day


Jim Gaffigan, "Catholic" from Beyond the Pale (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: By the grace of God, I now catechize two nights a week, to middle schoolers, sixth thru eighth grades. You remember how much fun it is being a middle school, don't you? How confident & self-assured you felt at all times? Now let's talk about life & death, about heaven & hell, about chastity & modesty.
"I do want everyone to feel comfortable, and that's why I'd like to talk to you about Jesus.

'He—he better not.'

It doesn't mater if you're religious or not, does anything make you feel more uncomfortable than some stranger going, 'I'd like to talk to you about Jesus'?

'Yeah, I'd like you not to.'

You could say that to the pope, 'I want to talk to you about Jesus.'

He'd be like, 'Easy, freak! I keep work at work.' Have to admit, that was a good impression of the pope…"
The pope at the time
Beyond the Pale was recorded was St. John Paul II (1920-2005).

No comments: