Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day: SKAfter Party


Less Than Jake, "Give Me Something to Believe In, Inc." from See the Light (The Last Angry Rude Boy)

Skammentary: Yes, the picture above & the lyrics of "Give Me Something to Believe In, Inc." are somewhat at odds. This often happens when one is making a funny, funny joke. We here at The Secret Base believe in making funny, funny jokes, almost at all costs.
"Let me bring you back to the living,
Back to the time when you did more than exist.
Your compass is broken, you call yourself broken,
Call yourself all-in, but you're losing your grip.

"O-o-o, give me something to believe in,
I'm waiting on a reason,
Not to keep on floating along,
O-o-o, give me something to believe in,
So I can give you reasons
To wake yourself up and come in from the storm…"

No comments: