Thursday, March 29, 2018

Operation ÖSTERREICH

Weekly Wednesday Thursday Weigh-in
Last weigh-in: 331.2 lbs
This weigh-in: 330.4 lbs.
Difference: -0.8 lbs.

Cheese is my Kryptonite. I fully expected to have gained weight this past week; having lost four-fifths of a pound (0.8 lbs.) is no cause for celebration, but to lament what might have been, what so easily could have been if only I'd eaten as I ought! The short-term goal, eminently achievable, is to lose two pounds per week. I have failed to do so at the last two weigh-ins. I can do better. I must do better. I will do better.

In fairness, it's not all bad news, though. I've lost ten pounds (well, 9.6 lbs.) since Wednesday, 28 February, averaging a loss of two & two-fifths pounds (2.4 lbs.) per week over the last four weeks. Yes, I ought to have lost even more, but let's not pretend that everything is fiasco & disaster. Let's remember our Kipling:
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same…
But before we go any further, the great feast of Easter awaits. Easter is not a day, it's not even a weekend. Easter, the greatest feast in Christianity, lasts for fifty days, from the Resurrection of the Lord to Pentecost, seven weeks later. Of course, I'm not taking the whole of Easter off, but there will not be a weigh-in next week, during the Octave of Easter. We'll see you back here on Wednesday, 11 April, when we'll get the amusingly alliterative Weekly Wednesday Weight-in back on track. In the meanwhile, I'm going to feast, which essentially means eating my weight in pastel-colored Peanut M&Ms.

Bonus! Lied von ÖSTERREICH
"Weird Al" Yankovic, "Lasagna" from Even Worse (The Last Angry Chunk)

No comments: