Friday, February 5, 2021

The Rebel Black Dot Anti-Valentine's Song o' the Day

Gotye featuring Kimbra, "Somebody That I Used to Know" from Making Mirrors (Mike Papa Whiskey)

Commentary: Strap yourselves in, kids, it's time for the bitterest, most black-hearted week of the R.B.D.S.O.T.D.'s whole year.
"Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over,
Letting me believe that it was always something that I'd done,
But I don't want to live that way,
Reading into every word you say,
You said that you could let it go
And I wouldn't find you hung up one somebody that you used to know!

"But you didn't have to cut me off,
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing,
I don't even need your love,
But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough.
You didn't have to stoop so low,
Have your friends collect your records and then change your number,
Guess that I don't need that, though,
Now you're just somebody that I used to know…"

No comments: