Monday, February 8, 2021

The Rebel Black Dot Anti-Valentine's Song o' the Day

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, "Mandy" from Me First and the Gimme Gimmes Have a Ball (Mike Papa Whiskey)

Commentary:
"I remember all my life,
Raining down as cold as ice,
Shadows of a man,
A face through a window,
Crying in the night,
The night goes into
Morning, just another day,
Happy people pass my way,
Looking in their eyes,
I see a memory,
I never realized
How happy you made me, O Mandy!

"Well you came and you gave without taking,
But I sent you away, O Mandy!
Well, you kissed me and stopped me from shaking,
And I need you today, O Mandy!

I'm standing on the edge of time,
I've walked away when love was mine,
Caught up in a world of uphill climbing,
The tears are in my eyes and nothing is rhyming, O Mandy!…"

No comments: