Saturday, April 23, 2022

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day: SKApril XII

The Hippos, "So Lonely" from Forget the World (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: Every year, for several years now, I think, This is the year The Hippos are going to lose their SKApril All-Star status. After all, they only released three albums before they broke up, & only two of those are ska. Yet here they are, year after year, having provided a song to every single SKApril, dating all the way back to 2011.

Fortitudine vincimus, "By endurance we conquer."
"Well, no one's knocked upon my door
For a thousand years or more,
All made up and nowhere to go,
Welcome to this one-night show.
Just take a seat they're always free,
No surprise, no mystery,
In this theatre that I call my soul,
I always play the starring role.

"So lonely…"

No comments: