Tuesday, April 26, 2022

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day: SKApril XII

The O.C. Supertones, "It's a Good Day to Be from California" from For the Glory (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: I'm not from California, but I know what it is to cherish your homeland.
"Way our west where I come from,
Every single trunk's got a sound system,
On the fifteens singing my anthem,
California, here I come!

"I remember sitting on the beach beneath the stars,
Singing to the Lord a hymn of praise on my guitar!

"It's a good day to be from California,
Shout three cheers for the Golden State:
(Hey! Hey! Hey!)
It’s a good day to be from California,
I’m going back to Cali and I can’t wait,
I'm going back to Cali and I can't wait!

"There’s where I got my first tattoo,
That’s the church where I heard the Good News,
There’s the school where I used to go,
That’s where the 'Tones played our first show…"

No comments: