Thursday, May 12, 2022

The Queue: Pascha Edition

I wholeheartedly recommend The Bible Timeline: The Story of Salvation to one & all, believers & unbelievers alike, & I further recommend Walking with God: A Journey through the Bible to prepare for &/or to accompany a Bible Timeline study. I facilitated a study of The Bible Timeline some years ago at Holy Redeemer & again this past year at Saint Matthew. It strikes me as something I should consider doing again, perhaps once a decade.
I ought to finish Eucharist before I embark upon the paired Reclaiming Vatican II & The Word on Fire Vatican II Collection. A Devotional Journey into the Easter Mystery will be shelved until Lent/Easter 2023 (Quadragesima/Pascha MMXXIII), Heaven permitting & should the world perdure.

Recently
Robert Barron*, Centered: The Spirituality of Word on Fire
Pope Saint John Paul II, Ut Unum Sint: On Commitment to Ecumenism
Tim Gray & Jeff Cavins, Walking with God: A Journey through the Bible

Currently
Robert Barron, Eucharist

Presently
Father Blake Britton*, Reclaiming Vatican II: What It (Really) Says, What It Means, and How It Calls Us to Renew the Church
Second Vatican Council†, The Word on Fire Vatican II Collection
Xavier Rynne, Vatican Council II
John W. O'Malley, What Happened at Vatican II
Christopher Carstens, A Devotional Journey into the Easter Mystery

*I identify Bishop Robert Barron as simply "Robert Barron" because that's how he's listed as the author of his books. I identify Father Blake Britton as such because that's how he's listed as the author of his book.

†"Foreward by Bishop Robert Barron with commentary by the postconciliar popes" (Pope Saint Paul VI, Pope Saint John Paul II, Pope Benedict XVI, & Pope Francis)

No comments: