Sunday, May 1, 2022

Bonus! Song o' the Day: SKAfter Party

Operation Ivy, "Sound System" from Operation Ivy (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: SKApril is a highly structured ritual & personal discipline: thirty songs by thirty bands over thirty days, with no song being highlighted more than once (at least by the same band, covers by othe bands are fair play). For example, "The Impression That I Get" by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones was the R.B.D.S.O.T.D. on 1 April 2011, the first song of the first SKApril; so, "The Impression That I Get" by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones can never again be selected for SKApril.

The SKAfter Party is less disciplined & much less structured. As George Costanza said:
"There's no laws in this place. Anything goes! It's Thunderdome!"
Welcome to the SKAfter Party. Have fun, & please stay as long as you like.
"Sound system gonna bring me back up (Yeah!),
One thing that I can depend on!
"Sound system gonna bring me back up (Right!),
One thing that I can depend on!…"

No comments: