Tuesday, October 18, 2022

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day

Reel Big Fish, "Everything Sucks" from Turn the Radio Off (Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: I woke up in a foul mood, prognosticating doom, disaster, & disappointment at every turn. I recognized that I had no reason to be in such an ill humor, & so decided not to be. I don't have, to the best of my knowledge, any neurochemical imbalance that would make me involuntarily depressed; so, joy is a choice, the fruit of the Holy Ghost that I have the terribly freedom to accept or reject. I choose joy. Every now & again, I want to listen to an unapologetically earnest song like Rachel Platten's "Fight Song," but most of the time when I'm in high spirits I want the snark & sarcasm of the Reel Big Fish.
"I know everything sucks, yeah!
I know everything sucks, whoa-o-o!
I know everything suck, yeah!
And this is gonna be the last time you hear me complain…"

No comments: