Saturday, November 26, 2022

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day: Go Blue!

Team 143, Game 12: Michigan @ Ohio State
The University of Michigan Marching Band, "The Victors" from Forever Valiant (Mike Papa Wolverine)

Commentary: A buddy & fellow Wolverine texted me this morning, in the conext of The Game:
My anxiety is through the roof
Another buddy & fellow Wolverine shared his anxiety in person on Wednesday. There was no anxiety for me last year, almost no nervous tension, because I was convinced the valiant Wolverines would not prevail against the hated Buckeyes. How wrong I was! How happy I was to be so wrong! Before last year, the valiant Wolverines under Coach Harbaugh had always managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory against the hated Buckeyes. That most auspicious day, 27 November 2021, changed everything.
O wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world
That has such people in't!

—Wm. Shakespeare,
The Tempest, Act V, Scene 1
Before last Saturday's struggle against feisty Fighting Illini, I was supremely confident. That confidence has proven to be ephemeral. The disappointment & despair of the last decade & a half has left scars. Nothing is certain. Anthing could happen: the valiant Wolverines might win, or we might lose. I'm going to be an emotional basketcase from the kickoff to the final whistle.

Go Blue!

No comments: