Thursday, November 24, 2022

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' Thanksgiving Day

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "A Reason to Toast" from Medium Rare (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: "A Reason to Toast" is a Thanksgiving tradition here at The Secret Base, because year after year I simply cannot find a song to better sum up the gratitude with which my heart is overflowing. Thank you for being here, dear readers, regardless of if you've been with us since '02, or '12, or you just wandered in for the first time today.
"You might be wondering just why I called this meeting,
Can't let another moment pass,
Before we move on, please, let's rearrange the seating,
After that its time to raise a glass.

"I'll raise my glass up high to all the friendly faces,
Here and wherever they may be,
I don't know why I never thought till now to say this,
But you mean the world to me.

"A reason to toast!
A reason to cheer!
A reason to celebrate
It's nice being here!…"

No comments: