Friday, September 1, 2023

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day: SKAftermath

Reel Big Fish, "The Kids Don't Like It" from Why Do They Rock So Hard? (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: I'm very pleased with how this SKAugust turned out. I had originally envisioned it almost as a tennis match between Reel Big Fish's Why Do They Rock So Hard? & Less Than Jake's Hello Rockview, with only a smattering of songs from other bands, but in the moment, day by day, it turned into something much more akin to SKApril, showcasing a wider variety of ska-punk bands, & even some roots ska. I'm already looking forward to doing something similar in SKAugust 2024, Inshallah.
"Don't you know we tried to do something new?
It may sound real good, but I don't think were getting through!

"Because the kids don't like it (No, no!)
The kids don't like it (No, no, no!)
The kids don't like it, no, they don't like it at all!
I said, the kids don't like it (No, no!)
The kids dont like it (No, no, no!)
The kids don't like it, no, they don't like it at all anymore!…

"All we wanted was to do something new,
Doesn't sound so good,
And I know were not getting through!…"

No comments: