Thursday, March 7, 2002

Seriously kids, never volunteer for anything. How in the hell did I end up being elected Vice-President of Animania? I see now that I was being groomed the whole time. How else to explain it? The first time I was on staff, I dodged screenings for several months and then claimed that I was just too busy to be on staff. Months later, Dan, the president and my buddy, invited me to join again, if my schedule permitted. Feeling guilty over my first tenure, I did my best to be a good staff member. Then I'm nominated to be Veep and PRESTO! I'm elected. Aw, crap.

This is a lot like the time I was elected to the student government here at the University of Michigan, MSA. Heh heh, that was funny. I'll tell you about it some time. Oh man, that was great. How the hell do you accidentally get elected to anything? Officer, you gotta believe me, I didn't know the thing was loaded! I was just standing here and the darned thing went off! Nobody was suppsed to get elected. Let this be a lessen to you all: don't play around with democracy. It's all fun and games until somebody gets elected.

No comments: