Thursday, February 24, 2005

Whenever I hear "The Wild Sea" by The Aquabats!, I am nearly overcome by a desire to join the Merchant Marine.

"Sailing on and on and on and on,
Into the ocean, into the Sun,
I'm going a'viking, my dad and me,
On the wild sea!

(repeat)

The wild sea is calling me,
The wild sea is calling me,
The wild sea is calling me,
The wild sea is calling me!"

I should see The Life Aquatic again....

The Rebel Black Dot Society
I have no idea how to ballpark anything. How many inches of snow did we get last night? No idea. How much does that girl weigh? Um, seven? I find that wild guesses are less inaccurate if you don't provide units. I'm just saying, I can't tell you how much these people weigh, which would help you form a mental picture. I'm sorry, I just can't.

Margaret - 5'2", green eyes, red hair. Margaret is a tiny creature. She sez of herself that she has the body of a ten year-old boy and can't wait until her breasts grow in. She's more classically pretty than she is cute, but hides it behind her glasses and unassuming wardrobe: jeans, band T-shirts, and Chuck Taylors.

Pete - 5'11 1/2" (bitterly resents not being 6'), brown eyes, brown hair. Pete's overweight, but not as fat as I am. He's stronger and more athletic than the potbelly would lead one to believe, and believes his sideburns are his best feature. He owns six pairs of identical blue jeans.

Mary Cannibal - 5'9", blue eyes, light brown hair. Mary is the kind of beautiful that makes men stupid, tall, thin, and impossibly well proportioned. Margaret wanted to resent her when they first met. She never wears pants, only skirts, but doesn't dress provocatively.

Scipio - 6'1", blue eyes, blonde hair. Scipio is, as the kids say, cut, solid muscle from head to foot, but his neutral facial expression has a cruel cast to it that puts many people off. He always wears a collared shirt, and carries himself with an unnatural rigidity.

Parker - 5'10", blue eyes, black hair. Parker is almost as beautiful as his sister. He's not ripped like Scipio, but is very well toned. He's slight of frame for his height and his eyes are such a brilliant blue that Pete swears they must be LEDs. All that, and he's a rock star. Life is unfair.

Stacey - 5'4", brown eyes, black hair. Stacey is thinner than Margaret, even though she has two extra inches of height. She wears gigantic hooded sweatshirts, but is obsessed with her figure. She spends hours each day in the pool and at the gym and eats like a bird. She was a fat kid, and was teased mercilessly by her picture perfect mother, probably the root of the whole mess. Margaret's very concerned.

No comments: