Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Week of Awesome Solitude
There are things I have been meaning to bloggy blog about, but I haven't wanted to squander my blessed solitude sitting in front of my HAL. So far, I am greatly enjoying the W.A.S. I made a casarole on Sunday night, and it was delicious, but having the same meal for dinner two nights in a row was a bit of a drag; so, tonight I broiled some hot dogs.I think I'll finish the casarole tomorrow and then make pepper steak on Thursday. I can't cook many dishes, but those I can cook I cook quite well, if I do say so myself.

I miss Laundry Cat, but I am very relieved not to be cleaning up her poos (more on this later). Fox News has not appeared on any of our TVs since Friday, a glorious change of pace. Until this evening, I hadn't watched the news since last Friday; I shan't be doing that again until the return of the parentals. (Not quite The Return of the Rentals, but close.) I've been neglecting my studies, but on the plus side I'm making real headway in my recently acquired pile of Blue Beetle backissues. And, if all goes as scheduled, but this time tomorrow I shall have watched Joss Whedon's Serenity and we will know whether I shall have to punch The Guy in the stomach.

I miss you, my friends, but this is after all the Week of Awesome Solitude. Interrupt the W.A.S. at your peril. Kisses.

The Magic of Shazam!
I am fond, perhaps overly fond, of pairing Roman given names with modern surnames, the prime examples being Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus Winter and his entire family from In Search of the Perfect Lesbian. So, I am rethinking the name Cincinnatus Butler for Mr. Scarlet. I haven't firmly declared it jetsam, but I am having an open casting call for names. I tend to think that all the names I create sound the same; so, I would appreciate being granted access to your creativity, gang.

As the name implies, Mr. Scarlet is a male, black (I'm just not fond of the term African-American), 30 to 35 years old, and from the Midwest. Brian Butler, the original Mr. Scarlet, was a district attorney who moonlighted as a mystery man. The new one is probably a college graduate and quite possibly an attorney, though right now virtually everything about him is up for grabs. Be creative!

No comments: