Monday, November 26, 2007

The Explorers Club
No. LIII - Excalibur, Durendal, Kusanagi (the "Grasscutter"), Gram, and the pan-cultural, oddly ubiquitous phenomenon of mystical mythical swords.






My deepest thanks to Codename: PANDORA for intorducing me to XKCD, specifically No. 162: Angular Momentum.

The Victors: The Undiscovered Country
If the scuttlebutt is more than just scuttlebutt, if the rumors are true that Kirk Ferentz has been offered the job of head coach of the valiant Wolverines, then I am here to tell you that we are doomed. Doomed to never again defeat Ohio State, not the the foreseeable future. Doomed to never again win a bowl game, not for the foreseeable future. Doomed to never again lose fewer than four games a season, not for the foreseeable future. Doomed. If Ferentz is hired, than any faith I ever expressed in Bill Martin's decision-making was horrifically misplaced, and for that I am so, so sorry. Hiring Kirk Ferentz would be the same as holding a press conference and announcing our intention to never again credibly vie for the Big Ten championship. DOOOOOOOOOOMED.

Sweet fancy Fielding Yost, please let the scuttlebutt be nothing more than scuttlebutt. Doomed.

Project TROIKA
I don't play well with others, but I am endeavouring to learn.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
"Weird Al" Yankovic, "King of Suede" from In 3-D (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: