Friday, November 23, 2007

Perchance to Dream
Sickeningly, I awoke this morning five minutes before my first alarm rang. I seemed to do this of my own volition, without benefit of mysterious, thunderous noise or feline insistence. Once asleep again, I dreamt of strolling through a strange city that seemed halfway between grimy New York and antiseptic Toronto. I was in the company of my B.T.W. comrades and we appeared to be on our way to a rock show, though I have no idea what band were were meant to be seeing. On the way to the show, after an odd adventure in an urban mall/galleria, we found ourselves wandering through a residential neighborhood and eventually fell into conversation with a mother and daughter who were sitting on their porch. We must have persuaded the daughter (a punk rock girl approximately my age) to accompany us to the show, because the next thing I know I was walking down the street holding her hand. The venue looked for all the world like a whirlpool, with the crowd being funneled through a series of spiral pathways, first to buy tickets and then later on to have them again inspected. Somehow in this maelstrom I was separated from both the girl and the Blue Tree Whackers; I caught fleeting glimpses, but I could never progress toward them. I awoke for the day before entering the actual concert space, but based upon what else I had seen I would not venture a guess as to its aspect.

No comments: