Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Girls of September '79
Foxes all and twenty-nine years hot, happiest of birthday wishes go our to our second (in chronology only, never affection) Girl of September '79, Mrs. Sacramento (née Never Girl)! Happy birthday, Lindsay!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Fountains of Wayne, "I've Got a Flair" from Fountains of Wayne (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I remember the first time I was in California, cruising through the Bay Area in her car on our way to the Pacific Coast Highway, and she only ever drives stick, listening to "I've Got a Flair." We didn't talk, we both just sang along all the way to Marin County. And when I first saw the Pacific Ocean, really saw it, not just a fringe of blue on the horizon beyond San Francisco, it was beautiful in a way only a handful of other things I've seen have ever been beautiful. If there was no other benefit than that moment alone, I'd still be a fan of Manifest Destiny.

"I've got a flair
For getting in your hair,
For making you crazy."

No comments: